What a week! The miracles just keep comin! As a mission we are shooting for 200 Baptisms this month! Something that hasn't been done in the history of the Mexico Reynosa mission. Right now we are sitting at about 189!!! how incredible is that?! me and my companion had a couple more this week! President Morales always reminds us that when he was called as mission president, President Monson promised him that there would be many that would accept the gospel and that this would be one of the fastest growing parts of mexico! We are definitely seen that promises be fulfilled right before our eyes! its just amazing how true the church is!! I love it!
Today in our district meeting we talked about the book of Mormon! This book is the bomb! it is the greatest tool, along with the holy ghost, that we got to convert people to the gospel restaurado. One of the elders shared that he reads 2 Nephi 4:15-16 before every personal study to help him to really appreciate the words more. Nephi wrote that he writes for the instruction and benefit of his children. and that his soul delights in the things of the lord and that he is constantly pondering what he has heard and seen. I'm sure Nephi along with many prophets, dedicated their lives to writing for the instruction and benefit of us!
Yesterday I gave the class to the youth about a testimony. A testimony is a confirmation from the holy ghost that something is true. And the foundation of a testimony is 1 God is our father in heaven, 2 Jesus Christ is our savior, 3 Joseph smith was the prophet of the Restoration and translated the book of Mormon 4 Presidente Thomas Monson is a prophet and 5. The priesthood is the power of god given to man. I asked them to look at those five things on the board and to ask them selves if they had received a confirmation for the holy ghost. In my life i have been greatly influenced by the testimony of mom and dad and the grandparents because with out them, I don't think I would have ever gained my own testimony. They influenced me to find out for myself! The fastest way to find out is my praying and reading the Book of Mormon.
Man I'm really liking these bible videos on the church website! pretty awesome!
Dad I really liked your letter!! It is really interesting and I want to read more about it!!
the life of Jesus Christ is the perfect example of how we should live our lives. I know that if we strive to be like him, we are blessed and we are happy.
Love you all
Elder berry




No comments:
Post a Comment